Monday, November 13, 2006

Physics Anonymous




Hi, I'm Rae Ann, and I'm addicted. And it's a problem.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


It's time for a twelve-step recovery program:

1. Admit I am powerless over my addiction - that my life with it has become unmanageable.

Done. I'm powerless and my life is unmanageable.

2. Believe that a Power greater than myself could restore me to sanity

Done.

3. Decide to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understand God

From now on I surrender my life to the God of Cute Kittens.



4. Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself

Done. I've spoken of things I know nothing about. I've sinned against science and nature.

5. Admit to God, to myself and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs

Done. The exact nature of my wrongs is that I've asked silly questions and made stupid comments and wasted the valuable time of serious scientists, possibly interfering with the advancement of their work.

6. Be entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character

Done. I'm ready. Entirely.

7. Humbly asked God to remove my shortcomings

Done. Please, God, take this compulsion away, make me know my limits, and make me a better kitten lover so that my natural sweetness can shine through.

8. Make a list of all persons I have harmed, and be willing to make amends to them all

Done. Lubos, Bee, Kea, Mahndisa, Louise, Nigel, Matti Pitkanen, Lee Smolin, and yes, even Peter Woit. If I've left anyone out, please tell me.

Too all: I'm offering to make amends for wasting your time, etc. I'm not sure what kind of amends would work, so you'll have to let me know.


9. Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others

Until I'm told otherwise, the only amends I know is to only think of cute kittens and keep my mouth shut.

10. Continue to take personal inventory and when wrong promptly admit it

Will do.

11. Seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God as I understand God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for me and the power to carry that out

Will do.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, try to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all my affairs

Here, you have it.


I guess completing nine steps in 30 minutes is a good start. ;-) What cute kittens! I wish you could see them...

No comments:

Post a Comment