Friday, December 8, 2006

Random Transcendentalism

Cell Division
Magnetism



The religion that is afraid of science dishonors God and commits suicide . . .

Standing on the bare ground, my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball. I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me. I am part or particle of God . . .

There is no screen or ceiling between our heads and the infinite heavens . . . no bar or wall in the soul where we, the effect, cease, and God, the cause, begins.

Ralph Waldo Emerson, various essays



I believe in the flesh and the appetites; Seeing, hearing, feeling, are miracles, and each part and tag of me is a miracle.
Divine am I inside and out, and I make holy whatever I touch and am touch’d from;

Walt Whitman, "Leaves of Grass"


Circular Crops

No comments:

Post a Comment