Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08

I don't know if there is any mystical significance to today's date, though 8 on its side is the same as the symbol for eternity. Triple Eternity. Trinity. Oh, whatever. I'm having some problems with my brain this week. It wants to confuse me about what is a delusion and what is only a possibility but not necessarily a probability. Are you confused yet too? ;-)

Well, I always got a "Bill Clinton" vibe about John Edwards, and I'm sure that I mentioned it to someone back when he was stilling running for the Dem. nomination. By "Bill Clinton vibe" I mean, "adulterer." I know I predicted to at least one person that such a scandal would come out about him before the election, but she might not remember that I said it. Okay, so adultry isn't the worst thing a person can do, except maybe when his wife is suffering from cancer... Anyway, I knew this about him from one of my "bizarre intuitions" and I have to admit that I do feel a little vindicated about it.

Another prediction/intuition I've had that has turned out to be even more accurate than I first imagined is that banking is corrupt and causing lots of the problems in our society. Well, look at the mortgage mess and all the reverberations. Correct again, if I may say so.

Those are only two examples of how spontaneous insights that seemed far-out at first ended up being true. There are others. There are always others that fade from memory until some random news reminds me that I knew that already. This is a curse. I used to wish that I knew the future and could read people's minds, but we really must be careful what we wish for because when we get it, it never looks the way we expected or hoped. Like the Shadow who "knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men," I can see the internal Pitch Forks. ;-) Yes, maybe I'm just another crazy with delusions of grandeur, and to be frank, I hide about 90% of my "bizarre" thoughts from my friends and family because I fear their perception that I've completely lost my mind. But really, more often than not they are true. I just know things.

Being right most of the time makes it especially difficult to talk myself out of some new bizarre insight or intuition or delusion or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes things look so obvious and sensible, but of course there are some times when they really are completely false and unfounded. What percentage of time does being right overcome being wrong? How do I know unless I look for explanations and ask questions, sometimes really weird and maybe even disturbing questions? My husband isn't too surprised or bothered anymore when I ask him some crazy question to check myself. And for his willingness to endure this I am very grateful, and more sane.

I guess those of us with faulty brains just have misfiring neurons or some other neural events that cause us to create wild ideas. Sometimes creativity is great, but others it is very problematic. No one wants to listen or take seriously or deal with anything out of the ordinary, and so much of it is suppressed or otherwise hidden. Blah, blah, blah. I'm just trying to explain what goes on in a crazy mind.

Next week school starts so we'll be busy with all of that. I really don't care for the school schedule these days because they get out too soon in May and go back too soon in August.



"Right Place Wrong Time" by Dr. John

I been in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing, but I must have used the wrong line
I been in the right trip, but I must have used the wrong car
My head was in a bad place, and I'm wondering what it's good for
I been the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
My head was in a bad place, but I'm having such a good time

I been running trying, things get hung up in my mind
Got to give myself a good talking-to this time
Just need a little brain salad surgery
Got to cure my insecurity

I been in the wrong place, but it must have been the right time
I been in the right place, but it must have been the wrong song
I been in the right vein, but it seems like the wrong arm
I been in the right world, but it seems wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

Slipping dodging sneaking creeping hiding out down the street
See me life shaking with every who I meet
Refried confusion is making itself clear
Wonder which way do I go to get on out of here

I been in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing, but I must have used the wrong line
I'd have took the right road, but I must have took a wrong turn
I'd have took the right move, but I made it at the wrong time
I been on the right trip, but I took it in the wrong car
My head was in a good place, and I wonder what it's bad for.

No comments:

Post a Comment