Sunday, April 22, 2007

What the Frogs Told Me

The frogs are happy. They told me so. And we all know that frogs are a famous gauge of environmental health. I'm trying to believe them as I look at the trees covered with dead baby leaves killed by the late freeze, the brown where there will be green again eventually. It's such a depressing and "unnatural" sight.

People are afraid of the collapse of the bee population because they think it might lead to famine. If you read Revelation you can find support for that fear. And there is also a "plague of frogs" in there.* Happy frogs, I suppose. ;-)

Well, I'm not feeling well today and don't have the energy to look up and add the relevant scriptures. Maybe tomorrow.

Sorry for the shortness, in all senses, of this post.

No matter what we might think of ourselves and our power and influence on the world (or lack thereof), it is still a beautiful world. If it ends, it ends. If it doesn't, it doesn't. But it will end for each and every one of us at some point. Well, I prefer to think that as my matter speeds towards the Black Hole of Death the information of my consciousness will indeed be preserved and will somehow find another form in some other dimension or universe. So far, no one can say with 100% certainty that it won't happen that way. And if they do, they are stupid fools.

But even if death is just Nothingness, it can't be all that bad.




*Sorry, I was confused, which isn't unusual. The plague of frogs was in the Old Testament. But Revelation has some frog-like things too:

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Rev. 16:13


I can assure you that no frogs have come out of my mouth. I only see and hear them... not produce them. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment